Saturday, May 24, 2014

Do you have any suggestions for travel systems/infant carseats?




KM


I am looking to buy a new travel system for my next child. I want something modern, gender neutral, and most importantly safe.

Here is one I like, just for reference: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3232437

I am leaning towards this one, but want to compare before buying.

Also: any ideas for seats that will fit well in the backseat of a Ford Mustang? It will be strapped in using LATCH, but I don't know if some are bigger than others.



Answer
I LOVE my BabyTrend travel system. It's a jogger but we are very satisfied with it.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5621878

We have a base in the backseat of our 2 door Cavalier. I think the downside with ANY 2 door vehicle is that the passenger seat will be pushed up a little in order for the car seat to be placed safely in the vehicle. You don't want to car seat to touch the back of the passenger seat so that the seat can go a little with inertia in the event of a car accident. The handle of the seat can be placed in 3 positions; verticle(upright), parallel, and down one more setting lower (suggested position in the vehicle) so that it is down out of the way.

The stroller has tons of storage, and it folds to fit in the trunk of my cavalier if that is any comparison with your mustang :)

Good luck with your shopping!

***I will add that it does not have tons of padding for new babies. We just used rolled burp rags or receiving blankets until we got the padding to put in it but she was tired of that stuff in no time. At about 1 1/2 months she was holding her head up and do just fine without at padding or support. Plus even the fitted support we bought didn't work so well. She always slipped her head forward when she fell asleep lol.

a simple travel system/buggy with car seat?







Where can I get a simple pushchair with car seat/2 in1.

First: A simple pushchair with car seat, a few years ago that was all there seemed to be you had a pushchair suitable from 6 months and a car seat on top which balanced on the bumper bar and seat. If you look on pushchair guides under travel system that is what you get but rarely see something like that on the products page. I know about flat head syndrome but never have my baby in the pram for longer than an hour and that''s only once in a blue moon. Any where I could get something like that.

Second: A 2 in 1. They can be found quite easily on a baby website now but I don't want a carrycot and a pushchair, I want a chair that faces both ways but reclines so the baby can sleep (I don't want a 3 in 1 since the pram part is unnecessary)

P.S. Helpful if they are UK brands/stores

Thanks



Answer
I would check out http://JoggingStrollerRatings.com

They have a lot of info, reviews and comparisons on strollers. Also I believe all the stuff there can be found fairly cheap on Amazon.uk




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment