Thursday, January 30, 2014

Baby registry. . . .?







I have started a baby registry at babies r us, target and burlington coat factory. Is that too many places? . . . Not enough?

Also, when adding items to my registry I feel awkward putting something on there for more than $30. Is this silly or perfectly normal? I want to add a bunch of items at different price ranges, but I don't know how much is "too much". What were the ranges of prices on your registry and how many higher-priced items did you add?



Answer
I only registered at one place... I felt it would be tacky to register all over town.

I put literally everything on my registry regardless of price... there were a couple of reasons for this... I registered at Babies R Us and they give you a 10% discount on anything left on your registry the week before your due date. So I wanted to put the bigger ticket items on there so I could benefit from the discount. Another reason is that I used my registry as a checklist for things I had recieved and things I still needed which is why I wanted to put EVERYTHING on there.
Also, you never know what people will be willing to buy you... My parents ended up buying me my travel system (stroller, car seat and base) that was on my registry... I didn't put it on there for anyone to buy it, I put it on there so I could access it easily and get the discount later, but my parents bought it for me for my baby shower so that was really nice.
I also got a few other bigger ticket items from other members of my family like my grandmother.

I would put everything you can possibly think of on there, personally.

Best items for a baby register (include brands if you have a recommendation)?




KLC79


My husband and I will be registering for our baby shower soon. We are first time parents. I was just wanting advice on what parents have found to really be the best items to have with a newborn. If you can recommend specific brands of the items that would be great too. I would like to chose our items knowing that people recommend them due to their past experiences...current parents would know more about which brand work best and which items are more used/needed that I would be able to figure out1 We were going to look at Target, Babies-R-Us, and Baby Depot (in Burlington Coat Factory) as our possible registry locations. Thanks!
I meant Baby Registry! I overlooked that-Sorry!



Answer
Graco Snugride carseat
Fisher Price Baby Papasan
Diaper Champ (not the Genie!)
Summer Video Baby Monitor
Graco Pack n Play
BOB stroller (if you're active) or Graco Travel System stroller
Avent Isis IQ Breast Pump (you control how fast/slow/hard/soft the pumping is)
Dwell for Target receiving blankets
First Years Sterilizer
Pampers Swaddlers Diapers- Size N (Newborn)
Gerber kimono shirts & onesies
Eurobath bath
Boppy
Graco swing
Exersaucer
Baby Bjorn
Bundle Me car seat cover if you live in a cold climate

Also- steal the nose aspirator "snot sucker" from the hospital- they are so much better than the ones you buy




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment