Monday, January 27, 2014

So when your shopping for you baby which one of these are you going to be getting?

baby travel systems for twins on there is also a solution for you with the First Wheels City Twin ...
baby travel systems for twins image
Q. So are you getting a bassinet? Has anyone ever used one of those pack and plays that double as a bassinet?
Are you getting a crib that converts into the twin bed or just a normal crib?
Are you getting a travel system? I was thinking about one that has the car seat up to 35 pounds, but it's crazy expensive and can't decide if it's worth the money or not. And do travel systems usually come with the base that makes it easy to snap into the car?


Answer
I love my pack and play bassinet. It was given to us by my in-laws, and it was one of the best gifts ever! We had twin girls first, and they shared it for a while until they got bigger, then we put them together in their crib. Now their brother was born last December and he uses it. When they get bigger, just take the hanging part out and they can use it to play in. We've taken to tons of places when the girls were younger and it was a life saver. I loved the attachable changing table too, but I don't use it now.

The travel systems are good, but they're so big. Sometimes I've seen parents struggle to push them around. Yes, I think they come with the car seat base as well.

We just used two normal seats for our girls and a double stroller, then when they turned 1 we got them the front facing "toddler" type seats. For our son we just use a normal car seat and a regular stroller. It was much cheaper for us.

Can any moms of multiples answer some questions please?




;)


Did you use a hands free feeding system?
What items did you find was the most useful while caring for your children?
What bottles do you recommend if you formula fed?
What breast pump do you recommend if you breast fed?
Did you use cloth or disposable? Which was easier?
What equipment did you find the most useful or useless?
Did you co-sleep? If you co-slept, where did baby sleep?
Did you pay for a house cleaning service? If so, which one did you use?

If you have any useful tips or advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Please no rude answers.



Answer
Hi. I have twin sons who will be 4 in August. They were born at 27 1/2 weeks. When they were 4 1/2 months old I became a single mom.

Did you use a hands free feeding system? When the boys were newborns I nursed them at the same time. I just sat in a chair and put a head on each arm, so their feet were facing eachother. I never really perfected the football hold, so I didn't do it. I never used a Boppy with them either, but they do make Boppies for twins. When they had bottles, I laid them on the floor propped up on a pillow (never leave them alone like that) and held a bottle in each of their mouths at the same time. I tried to keep them on the same feeding schedule so they wouldn't be waking up at different times during the night. When they got just a little bigger I got a travel swing that had a bar that goes across the top. I tied a ribbon to the bar and tied a hair elastic on the end of the ribbon. Then I would wrap the hair tie around the bottle and it would hold the bottle upright in the baby's mouth. Sounds wierd, but it really helped out alot so that I could have one on one feeding time with the other twin, then for the next feeding I'd switch.

What items did you find was the most useful while caring for your children? With twins, I think it's super important to have 2 exersaucers for them. It is SO hard to run around after 2 babies trying to keep them out of stuff, so the exersaucer lets them stand up and play, but keeps them safely in one spot :-). The other item that was sooo useful was a pack n play. If I had to run to the bathroom or something like that, I could just put the boys in there and not worry about them being on the bed or floor, etc. You can move the pack n play into the kitchen while you wash dishes, etc. It's really convenient. The last, a DOUBLE STROLLER! If you ever want to leave the house again, buy a double stroller lol. They actually make a frame that you can just clip both carseats onto and it turns them into a stroller. It barely takes up any room and you don't have to worry about taking each baby out of the carseat, which is especailly nice in the winter or when it's raining.

What bottles do you recommend if you formula fed? I never really had a preference in bottles, but if you're going to formula feed you need ALOT of bottles with twins. At LEAST 20, ideally more.

What breast pump do you recommend if you breast fed? I used a Medela breast pump that was rented from Babies R Us. You definitely want an electric pump, because with twins you're going to produce alot of milk and the manual pumps are pretty tiring on the arm.

Did you use cloth or disposable? Which was easier? Disposable diapers all the way. There was absolutely NO way I would have had time to deal with cloth diapers and the messes you'll inevitably get. Take it off, throw it away, and that's that. Not all that "green," but it was the only option that would work for me!

What equipment did you find the most useful or useless? Kind of already touched on this earlier.

Did you co-sleep? If you co-slept, where did baby sleep? I did co-sleep because it was the only way I could sleep. If you plan to co-sleep, I would ONLY do it while holding both babies. Never lay them next to you, because you are going to be SO tired and you don't want to suffocate them. I laid on my back propped on pillows and held one on each arm. My body instinctively knew not to move and we never had a problem. They do make these little co-sleeper thingies that seem really cool. It's like a tiny little cloth box that you can lay on the bed next to you and the baby sleeps in that. I would have bought them for sure if I knew about them back then!

Did you pay for a house cleaning service? If so, which one did you use? HAAAA! I WISH!

My biggest piece of advice: don't be afraid to ask for help. Even if it's a 10 minute break where you do nothing but sit in silence lol. You need to keep your sanity and trust me, twins don't make that easy! Congrats, and good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment